Sunday, October 18, 2009

LITTLE BUT MIGHTY





Smiling. Now I know you might think this is a strange topic for me, but I am not talking about smiling in pictures, I am talking about smiling in general throughout your life. Just that openening of your mouth in a happy and pleasant way, means so much and does so much and is known all over the world. Nobody really ever thinks anything of it but it could really brighten someone's day. You don't even do it on purpose most of the time it just happens as a instinct. I don't know about you but when i smile it actually makes me feel happier, and it could also make someone else happier.
If someone was down in the dumps one day and every one started smiling at them I bet you they would be much happier and might even smile themselves. Another thing is if someone tells a joke or does something nice, and you smile, your making them happy in a sense without even trying. Smiles are one of the few things that people understand all over the world and respond to. For example that story we read about the children who were playing with the boy who visited Kenya and their only communication was through smiles and laughter. So many times I've walked through the school hall and someone I barely know flashes me they're pearly whites. It really does make me happy and more positive. It also has a greater effect because maybe I'll then do it to someone else and it will keep going and that one act of kindness will help many people.

Ms.Gallagher once talked about a "random act of kindness day" I think it's a good idea and should definetly be continued and happen quite often. Just because there is a day specifically for kindness it doesn't mean we can't do it all the time and every day. Wether it's a smile, holding the door for someone, or cheering someone on it all counts. So smile, I know it sounds weird coming from me, but smile because little things like that can make a big difference. :)

p.s. I DO smile!!

4 comments:

  1. hunter, you need to smile more.
    but i definitely like the main idea. youre right, smiling does make you feel happier, whether it's you who's doing it or someone else to you.
    ... i dare you to smile at everyone you see today. oh gosh

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job :) now i'm smiling too :) :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I read somewhere that when you smile it like releases something in your brain that makes you happy! Kind of weird fact, but I heard it somewhere and I think it's true. When someone smiles at you you do feel happier. I also agree with Andie, you do need to smile more! :)

    ReplyDelete