Monday, October 5, 2009


"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." This quote says that our technology has become such a part of our lives that even our personalities and personal traits are decreasing. I agree with this fully because recently there has been the start of so many new websites like facebook, msn, twitter, etc. These sites almost take control of some of the users. Many people I know use those sites every day constantly, and spend all there time on it. They don't go outside, hang out with friends(in person), or have many verbal conversation.

Videogames also contribute to this. Videogames will keep children indoors even if its the nicest day out and contribute negatively to their body weight. They could also become socialy akward. I am a victim of video games sometimes, not the wheight and akwardness, but the keeping me indoors part. Dating sites will reduce interactive dating, and people get 'addicted' to them. Texting is another factor effecting this, people do it all the time and it promotes slang and improper spelling/grammar.
Do you think as technology increases the negative effects grow? If so, our population will be feeling the effects of a severely rapid technology growth.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! this is really good. I think it is very true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, great blog, I really agree that people are getting addicted to the internet. I do use Facebook, MSN, texting, etc. and this makes me think about using it too much. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete